thepunkboard

shittiest site on the internet, live from san diego

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the silver snakes

Number of posts : 190
Omgz Rep! : -1
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 2nd 2009, 12:27 am

Yeah, I'm pretty fucking cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nanoo,nanoo

Number of posts : 24
Omgz Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 2nd 2009, 12:41 am

Yes.
repaost wrote:
nanoo,nanoo wrote:
All things are cyclical.
repaost wrote:
oh no not again!!! how many times can san diego take it?

oh you mean like fixies?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
repaost

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 2nd 2009, 2:36 am

fixies are cyclical, pouder in the know.... who knows what this town is handi-capable of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fuckingblackjewsus

Number of posts : 89
Omgz Rep! : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 3rd 2009, 2:09 am

were famous
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wrangler

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 11:57 am

That picture really is revolting. It reeks of cigarette, acne cream, or a telephone chat-line advertisement. Should be a planned parentedhood AIDS test ad. I like those kids but they really aren't doing much to make me ADMIRE them with this sorry display. I am so glad I am over the hill and re-born young in New Orleans, where the bands are ugly and don't give a fuck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://posttraumatic.blogspot.com
wrangler

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 12:01 pm

And what's with the two black chicks that look like Thing 1 and Thing 2? They oughtta be forced into community service, changing shit-filled adult diapers at the assisted living home for looking like an 11 year old with a smoking habit and a fashion nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Richardson

Number of posts : 1545
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 4:23 pm

New Orleans is so magical and kewl!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IMHO

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 4:33 pm

localism
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardson

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 5:56 pm

NOLA is super gritty and the people are super for realz. They have WACKY musicians and real street crime. All of this combines to create a refreshing atmosphere for burned out old hipsters and art fags looking to play dress up vampires.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardson

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 5:58 pm

Those "in the know" call New Orleans NOLA by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the silver snakes

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 6:44 pm

I wanna go to NOLA so I can go to that Vampire bar I saw on the True Blood program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wrangler

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 6:51 pm

Richardson wrote:
NOLA is super gritty and the people are super for realz. They have WACKY musicians and real street crime. All of this combines to create a refreshing atmosphere for burned out old hipsters and art fags looking to play dress up vampires.

I'm sure you're trying to fire me up but you're pretty on point with that synopsis. I guess the grass is always greener or whatnot. In my criticism of the San Diego "scenesters" I forgot that there are the same yet different elements of annoying trendy fuckheads here in "Nola" (Nola, by the way, is not some hip on the sly nickname, but simply an abbreviation for New Orleans Louisiana, like SD, duh). Instead of the uber hip parliament billboard scene, New Orleans is infested with FEAUXBEAUXs. A FEAUXBEAUX is a filthy fucking ex-gutterpunk that hops a train to get here then walks around aimlessly all day playing atrocious music on a banjo or a piece of rope tied to a washtub begging for fucking change. Goddamn Minneapolis snowbirds. I'm counting down the days til summer when they will all go back to whatever shithole they crawled out of.
Back to top Go down
Richardson

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 7:31 pm

NOLA is an abbreviation??! No fucking way!

I don't really care whether you get fired up or not. I just get irritated by city transplants that can't stop blabbering about it like anyone else gives a shit. Especially New Orleans transplants. It seems that 50% of the city is made up of people like that.

It reminds me of running into someone that fucked up their life and having them constantly tell you how great they're doing now as if the world revolved around them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
worry

Number of posts : 1711
Omgz Rep! : -17
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 8:05 pm

if you refer to other adults as "kids" in any capacity, then you are very likely a scenester and have no basis to criticize them from an outsider perspective. perhaps you are the exception in that you truly are 3 or 4 generations older than these shaggy haired whippersnappers, so calling them "kids" is appropriate. please confirm your intent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the silver snakes

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 8:51 pm

I'd like to think that Richardson has to hear about how great NOLA is from people every day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardson

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 9:03 pm

Used to. After people live there a while, they tend to realize that they just live in some shithole below the water level, filled with douchebags. Then they stop blabbering about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardson

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 4th 2009, 9:08 pm

Lets make our very own hipster mecca in North Dakota.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeff

Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 5th 2009, 1:05 am

wrangler wrote:
Instead of the uber hip parliament billboard scene, New Orleans is infested with FEAUXBEAUXs. A FEAUXBEAUX is a filthy fucking ex-gutterpunk that hops a train to get here then walks around aimlessly all day playing atrocious music on a banjo or a piece of rope tied to a washtub begging for fucking change. Goddamn Minneapolis snowbirds. I'm counting down the days til summer when they will all go back to whatever shithole they crawled out of.

that sounds pretty bad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wrangler

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 5th 2009, 3:24 am

worry wrote:
if you refer to other adults as "kids" in any capacity, then you are very likely a scenester and have no basis to criticize them from an outsider perspective. perhaps you are the exception in that you truly are 3 or 4 generations older than these shaggy haired whippersnappers, so calling them "kids" is appropriate. please confirm your intent.

Dude, I'm 40 years old and as long as they maintain that youthful glow they have, to me, they don't look much older than the teenage boys I served vegan chorizo burritos to all throughout their high school years. I'm not condescending them. They should relish the fact that they still look so young. And I like those guys, I think they're very nice and talented. I grew up with Mario. I'm just a little let down that they didn't put more thought into what was going on around them at that moment and let their images, in my opinion, be presented in such a tacky way. I would've been like, "who are you? Rolling Stone?" and I would have put the goddamn cell phones and cigarettes away and called for a pants off party.
Back to top Go down
worry

Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 5th 2009, 3:33 am

i did not imply you were condescending to young people, i am saying that if you refer to adults as "kids" (examples "scene kids", "those kids i met at the show last night were cool", etc.) then you should extend your head into an open flame and hold it there for all time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
detective???thrill me

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 5th 2009, 4:24 pm

worry wrote:

how about "rascals"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TalkToMeGoose

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 6th 2009, 10:08 am

Last time I checked, San Diego fuckin sucked. Buncha lowlife hipster shitheads
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spindler

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 6th 2009, 12:21 pm

NODA is super hip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeff

Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 6th 2009, 4:44 pm

TalkToMeGoose wrote:
Last time I checked, San Diego fuckin sucked. Buncha lowlife hipster shitheads

o rly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
repaost

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   June 7th 2009, 11:27 am

high fivers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone   

Back to top Go down

san diego is the "hot scene" according to rolling stone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next