thepunkboard

shittiest site on the internet, live from san diego

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
43%burnt

Number of posts : 53
Omgz Rep! : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 7th 2009, 4:04 am

I'm looking for a cheap guitar. Single humbucker would be fine. Full size guitar, and cheap knockoffs are fine. Just need something for someone to mess around with. Any suggestions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steve

Number of posts : 40
Omgz Rep! : -1
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 7th 2009, 6:28 am

i have a danelectro dc 59 i would be willing to sell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
43%burnt

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 7th 2009, 8:21 am

That could be fun. Let me know how much you want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr. nobody

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 7th 2009, 9:16 am

buy an old dearmond guitar...the sg ripoff or the gibson ripoff....off ebay.... before i got a gibson jr, my fav guitar was a dearmond sg ripoff.....cost like 170 new, and a killer pickup... i dunno if people are even selling these anymore...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ackments
43%burnt

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 7th 2009, 3:40 pm

I'll look into that. I have real SG's and Les Pauls. I would like to have a jr though. My Orange amp should be here today or tomorrow. I looked at the specs and they are solid state though. That explains the price. I have heard them though, and they have such a nice sound. This amp is the reason I'm looking for something new to try. All my guitars have that gibson bottom heavy sound. Maybe I can find something with a single coil and a humbucker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chico malo

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 7th 2009, 5:04 pm

what's the most you want to pay? the g & l asats are really nice. the pickups sound amazing. i picked one up for $250 used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr. nobody

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 7th 2009, 5:29 pm

the gibson bottom end balances p90s pretty good... and i looked up some of those orange amps last night, i only found 15 watt stuff though. except for the real fucking deal, which of course i'll never be able to afford.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ackments
repaost

Number of posts : 656
Omgz Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 8th 2009, 12:05 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
43%burnt

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 8th 2009, 4:55 pm

Thanks for everyones replies. I decided to build my own guitar. Something I have always wanted to do, but never had the time. Looking into Luthier kits right now. Thinking a semi hollow Tele style guitar. 59' reissue body. I'll have to shape the headstock, but I have all the tools for that. Gonna be fun. Now I just have to decide on red or blue line pickups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steve

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 9th 2009, 2:16 am

just buy a premade neck, setting frets is no joke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
repaost

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 9th 2009, 2:42 pm

try a saga kit. everything predrilled and all the parts included. less than 200 bucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
43%burnt

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 9th 2009, 6:34 pm

The saga kits were what I was looking at. I have seen a few really nice necks for sale that I like also, so I might upgrade to a nicer neck.

There's no way in hell I'm gonna mess with setting frets or installing a truss rod. Ha ha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
repaost

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   May 10th 2009, 4:34 pm

necks are different so you can run into intonation problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others   

Back to top Go down

ATTN: Guitar dudes. Derek, Davey or others
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1