thepunkboard

shittiest site on the internet, live from san diego

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

modern warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
jason

Number of posts : 1095
Omgz Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 13th 2010, 9:09 pm

Well, Activision did lose a bunch of IW people and they do have another COD game coming out in like 5 or 6 months so they got to get it out while they can still make tons of money.

Do you know if they fixed the frequency the new maps come up in rotation yet? I had to move them to a USB drive because it was so ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mopuddin

Number of posts : 2049
Omgz Rep! : -11
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 13th 2010, 9:20 pm

yeah, i have a feeling it's cuz activision may lose rights to modern warfare, like west and zampella are going after. that and cod7 coming out has to factor into this.

i gave up playin mw2. only cod i play is 4, and if we do play it nowadays, we play stimulus only, so idk.

why'd you move them? you get them too often or not enough?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jason

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 13th 2010, 11:08 pm

I don't think they will lose rights to Modern Warfare but we will see.

The maps come up way to much like every 3rd map is Storm or Salvage. The maps are okay but they are designed in a way that it's easy to spawn lock in Domination and isn't fair if you only hold certain points.

If you only hold A on Crash, C on Bailout, A on Salvage, and B on Overgrown you can get screwed if the other team is somewhat competent.

I know it's kind of the point of Domination to box the other team in but to have every other map that comes up be like that gets old. Other maps have their less desirable point but not ones that bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mopuddin

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 13th 2010, 11:12 pm

stop playing domination. pretty simple. the mode is burnt. try dimolition, or search and destroy. (is that the name? not the one where you have to wait to respawn, but the one were there is only one point.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jason

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 14th 2010, 12:02 am

I like Domination.

I like those other modes but they are only good if you have a full team. People like to play Search and Destroy like it's 20 min deathmatch which is annoying. That game really shouldn't last more then 2 or 3 min and that's hard to pull off without a group. Demolition is good sometimes but some of the maps are really bad for it and shouldn't even be available in that mode. Storm is a good example of a map that is not very good for Demolition.

Domination is possible to play by yourself but if the other team knows what they are doing then it might not work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mopuddin

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 14th 2010, 4:43 pm

since this is apparently the last one, those mother fuckers really dropped the ball on these map packs. all that i wanted out of any of these was a map set in the suburban areas of wardriver and that other spec ops that leads into the strip mall. fuckers.

although the return of vacant is sweet, i really don't see how this will work with the current killstreaks which are all primarily airborne.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/14/modern-warfare-2-resurgence-map-pack-detailed-by-bowling/

Quote :
Xbox Live's Major Nelson had Infinity Ward "creative strategist" Robert Bowling on his podcast recently to talk about the upcoming Resurgence Map Pack for Modern Warfare 2. Set to release on June 3 on Xbox Live, the pack will be priced at 1200 ($15) -- the same as its predecessor, the Stimulus Pack. Resurgence will feature maps old and new, including two Call of Duty 4 maps and three new locations:

• Vacant -- the wide open Russian office complex from CoD4
  • Strike -- the urban town surrounded by hotels from CoD4
  • Carnival -- an abandoned carnival area with a Ferris wheel, fun house and other attractions
  • Trailer Park -- full of "super tight corridors" and featuring a pool ("Mobile Estates," Bowling calls it)
  • Fuel -- a "sniper haven" based in and around an oil refinery

Bowling says that the new maps will be tied to specific playlists, just
like the Stimulus maps. With the Resurgence collection, however, it's
possible that all of the maps will be available in every playlist, as
long as "demand is high." And, as with the previous pack, the new maps
will be exclusive to Xbox 360 for a short time before coming to PC and PS3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jason

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 14th 2010, 4:48 pm

It will become a spawn lock fest like the last map map pack duh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mopuddin

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 14th 2010, 4:53 pm

play sabotage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jason

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 14th 2010, 4:57 pm

Like I said Sabotage is only fun if you have a full group that plays it right (using marathon, lightweight, tac inserts, etc) and you manage to end the match in under 2 minutes or so.

If you don't have that it tends to turn into 20 min team deathmatch pretty fast and that isn't any fun.

When people sit back and camp the game keeps spawning you far away from the objective. When the whole group rushes then the spawns keep getting moved up. People tend to like to sit back and snipe or something no matter the game type and that just ruins it.

It is funny when people get angry at you for actually planting the bomb though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mopuddin

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 14th 2010, 6:18 pm

edit for: fuck those big ass pics.

Last edited by mopuddin on June 3rd 2010, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jason

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 14th 2010, 6:23 pm

It would be cool if you could go into the fun house and there were things like a house of mirrors, spinning tunnels, and stuff like that but I doubt that would happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mopuddin

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   May 14th 2010, 6:33 pm

sup with the sideways dude in the clowns mouth?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mopuddin

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 8:23 pm

hey zombee - you get the new map pack yet? you plan on getting it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jason

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 8:29 pm

Yeah, I got them so far they are looking better then the last few that came out.

I only played them for a little while. Carnival is pretty huge and will likely end up being the place for boosters since there are so many places to go.

They did that stupid thing again where they only put the new maps on specific playlist which sucks. It seems to be favoring Sabotage and Search and Destroy right now. I don't understand why they can't just add them to the normal playlists right away or at least create a seperate playlist for the new maps that are game specifc so your not forced to play game types you don't want to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mopuddin

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 8:54 pm

yeah, that whole "we'll dictate what you play" shit is burnt. sooo stupid. but besides that, the only thing we have been playing is the stand alone pack anyways, so this is no big deal. plus, sabotage and demolition are the only game types worth playing imo.

is there double xp?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jason

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 9:20 pm

Yeah double XP has been up all week since Friday. I understand why they separate the playlists right at launch but I don't understand why they can't just make 2 and let me pick the game I want.

Demolition is cool but some of those maps shouldn't even be in the Demolition rotation.

I guess you get lucky with Sabotage and don't end up playing 20 min Team Deatmatch unless you like that sort of thing.

I actually really like Search but I don't want to play it all the time.

I pretty much avoid all of these game types unless I have a full group of 6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mopuddin

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 9:36 pm

we kinda play the whole lone wolf type of play. playing for kills only, so 20 min sabotage in nothing big. team shit is too confusing and mics are for chumps.

and that's what makes those game types great, cuz you know where everyone is going and which routes they take, so it's good for kill kill kill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jason

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 10:06 pm

So your that guy, you should just go play Team Deathmatch Laughing

Whenever I play Sabotage the game is usually over in under 2 min as it should be which sometimes results in rage from people who want to play 20 min deathmatch. God forbid someone actually plays the objective.

Kind of like those guys that bitch that your camping in Domination because your actually defending the points that you have when they're too stupid to not keep going the same way over and over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardson

Number of posts : 1545
Omgz Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 10:37 pm

what good is getting a kill if nobody else is on the same playing field? kind of dumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mopuddin

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 10:51 pm

Richardson wrote:
what good is getting a kill if nobody else is on the same playing field? kind of dumb.

for xp. but that's why i personally prefer ffa, but everybody hates it and bitches that we should play gay ass team shit. fuck them in the neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jason

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 11:12 pm

Exactly, so just go play Team Deathmatch where the objective is to get the most kills and get all the kills you want.

You get more XP faster for playing the objective anyway so I don't get the point. You would probably get more XP winning 10 2 min Sabotage games then if you play out a single Sabotage game for 20 mins to just get kills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardson

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 11:19 pm

mopuddin wrote:
Richardson wrote:

for xp. but that's why i personally prefer ffa, but everybody hates it and bitches that we should play gay ass team shit. fuck them in the neck.

you're missing the point. if you are going up against people on an uneven playing field then you are cheating. and thus defeating the entire purpose of playing. playing with an advantage against other people is pointless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jason

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 11:19 pm

Mopuddin,

You should just:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardson

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 11:23 pm

this thread just got futterwackened
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mopuddin

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   June 3rd 2010, 11:42 pm

jason wrote:
Exactly, so just go play Team Deathmatch where the objective is to get the most kills and get all the kills you want.

You get more XP faster for playing the objective anyway so I don't get the point. You would probably get more XP winning 10 2 min Sabotage games then if you play out a single Sabotage game for 20 mins to just get kills.

yeah, but i get killed alot. so in team deathmatch i am an determent to my team, and that is no fun.

but like i said, if i'm playing, it's ffa. when other fags play, they play those stupid team based games.

i do try to detonate or defuse those, cuz that's like 2000xp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 2   

Back to top Go down

modern warfare 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next